I start this every year and never finish. Perhaps this year . . .
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Dated total strangers.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?. None made, none kept. I am working with my Therapist on identifying specific areas of my life that need attention and the specific action to be taken. In a nutshell at this point: Socialization. Spirituality. Finances.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My beloved Blondie. And it actually made me cry to type that. I was so unprepared for how difficult that would be.
5. What places did you visit? Many, many local attractions! Places so close to home it’s a shame I’ve not visited before. And so many still to discover!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 03/16-Jim’s email that he was leaving. 06/19-Divorce final. 07/15-Ashley & Tony’s Wedding. I can’t imagine a why is necessary.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Tony & Ashley’s wedding and a mostly civilized divorce.
9. What was your biggest failure? I know you are expecting my marriage to be here. But, I don’t see that as a failure. I learned much from that experience. I failed at being true to myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The Vera Wang dress for Ashley and Tony’s wedding.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go? Household expenses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner.
c) richer or poorer? While poorer in the monetary sense, immeasurably richer in others.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas 2006? With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Ask me again on July 1, 2007.
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Grey’s Anatomy
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2006? Had a lovely dinner with my family.
25. What was the best book you read? “Eat, Pray, Love,” by Elizabeth Gilbert.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Comfort.
33. What kept you sane? Exercise, knitting, the Dogs.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. Who did you miss? Blondie.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Mr.B!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.