Rainbow Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Healthy Living How To
- 2-3 lb. Organic Free-Range Chicken, Cooked
- Green, Red, Yellow, Orange Bell Pepper
- Green Onion
- Mayonnaise or Lacto-Fermented Mayonnaise
- Celtic Sea Salt & Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Oven-Roasted Pecans, Walnuts or Sliced Almonds
Optional Fruit Add-Ins
- Purple Seedless Grapes, Sugar-Free Dried Cranberries, Green Apple, Raisins
1. Choose whatever method you prefer and cook the chicken. When making a chicken for the shredded meat (as opposed for the presentation), I use the pressure cooker. It’s done in 20 minutes. Chop or shred chicken and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Lay out nuts on parchment lined cookie sheet and oven roast at 350º F for 10 minutes or so. If using pecans or walnuts, you will chop once roasted and cooled.
3. Get a sharp knife and cutting board out and begin chopping all your veggies. I like to really bulk up the salad, so I use a lot of veggies. If using fruit, dice it up now as well. You decide how much you want to use. Throw veggies on top of the chicken.
4. To the chicken and veggies, plop two large dollops of mayonnaise on and mix. Add as much mayo as you desire. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Finally serve and top with roasted nuts. Enjoy!
Original recipe found here.
We made this for tomorrow’s neighborhood pot luck. Yum! I’m glad we made a double batch.